Wanted: Senior Environment 3D Artist, talented and motivated, to work with us on a new AAA shooter based on a brand-new IP.
Meet our studio
Back in 2012, a bunch of game industry veterans from Ukraine started VG Entertainment. Today, we are a full-scale game-making crew with several released games in the portfolio. Lately, we’ve been secretly working on something new and cool.
Our mission is to create games that delve deeper into topics like science, ecology, human-nature relationships, modern life, cruelty, and spirituality.
Intrigued? See if our job specs match your expectations, knowledge and expertise!
Your future missions:
- Creation of modular elements of the environment (facades of buildings, MAFs, props, etc.)
- Blockout creation, high poly, bake, texturing and integration into the engine
- Working with the art department, processing feedback
We are looking for a candidate with:
- At least 3 years of experience working in the video games industry as 3D Environment Artist
- Strong portfolio showing high & low poly modeling, texturing, and shader skills that demonstrate a high level of artistic creativity and technical ability
- A high level of proficiency in tools for modeling (3dsMax, Maya, Blender or equivalent) and PBR texturing and materials (Photoshop, Substance Designer/Painter)
- Experience with ZBrush, Marvelous Designer and Alchemist
- Understanding modularity, design principle, location creation mechanism
- Understanding current environment art trends, modeling and texturing technologies, tools pipelines, performance trade-offs, and interdepartmental dependencies
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or 5 (or similar)
Would be a plus:
- Architectural, Art or Technical education
- Knowledge of composition, shapes and colors
- Understanding architectural and visual styles
- Experience with Blender will be an advantage
- Shipped AAA projects
You will benefit from:
- Flexible work hours
- 18 business days of paid vacation
- 1 paid day off on your birthday
- 7 days of winter vacation for the entire studio
- 3 sick leaves in a row without a doctor’s note
- 1 paid day off on the day of donating blood
- Medical insurance
- English language courses
- Comfortable office near the Olimpiyska metro station
- Snacks, sweets and tea/coffee in the office
- Freedom of creativity, no bureaucracy, and an awesome friendly team that helps you enhance your skills, as well as gain new knowledge and experience
It’s time to discover new gaming worlds and explore the unknown with VG Entertainment. We guarantee that it will be a super-fascinating experience, dear friend, and we’re waiting for you to join us! 😉
If we haven’t contacted you within a week, it means that currently, your qualifications do not match the open position. However, we will add your resume to our database and will definitely reach out as soon as a relevant vacancy aligning with your experience opens up.